Vicarage Gardens, North Featherstone, Pontefract, West Yorkshire, WF7 6NH
Our Residential Living community is designed for elderly residents who want to live in well designed, homely lounges with a balcony area, and good choice of rooms. Rooms can be personalised by residents to feel more homely.
24/7 care is provided by our experienced nurses. Our home has a very good reputation in providing general nursing care including providing assistance with medication management.
Our Forget Me Not Unit is specifically designed care environment for residents with dementia. It has 3 lounges, a courtyard, and all staff trained to care for people living with dementia.
We have 11 apartments specially designed for residents with physical disabilities. The YPD unit has a large balcony area over looking our large gardens.
Our aim is to offer you the highest standards of person centred and individualised
care, where the staff are friendly and welcoming, and the surroundings are homely
Service users can expect to be treated with respect of their individuality, whilst being sensitive to their individual needs and abilities/ strengths.
– To provide a relaxed, informal home atmosphere in which residents can achieve their full potential to live as full and active life as their individual needs allow.
– To promote personal independence, self-determination, freedom of choice and freedom of movement both inside and outside the Home.
– To preserve self-respect and dignity, and respect a residents’ right to privacy, sensitivities and beliefs.
– To ensure that each Service users needs and values are respected in matter of religion, culture, ethnic origin, sexuality and sexual orientation, marital status, parenthood, disabilities or impairments.
– To promote good health through a nutritious, well balanced diet taking into account the personal preferences and dietary needs of each individual whether medical or otherwise.
– We are committed to ensuring that there is a managed healthcare environment, which minimises the risk of infection to patients, staff, visitors and carers.
– To enhance the quality of life within the Home by conversing with, counseling and stimulating the residents. Promoting interest and activity through gentle exercise, singing, reminiscing therapy, reading, listening to talking books and music, or social games and entertainment with other residents & staff.
– To recognise a residents’ individuality and right to personal expression. To be addressed by name or title of their own choosing and respond to them in a helpful and courteous manner.
The Old Vicarage Care home opens to provide care for elderly residents with Dementia.
The Singh brothers buy the care home and refurbish it as a 30 bed dementia residential care home.
Calsa Care builds the large 3 storey extension and landscape the large grounds.
Calsa Care awarded the best employer by Wakefield College.
Vicarage Court Care Home opens the general nursing unit.
Vicarage Court Care Home opens 11 apartments for young physically disabled residents.
Vicarage Court Care Home has been the regarded as the best home in Wakefield for many years according to carehome.co.uk.
Our mission is to provide the best service, care and match
for you and your family
24 Hour Care (Live-In)
In Home Companionship Care
Meal Planning and Preparation
Medication Reminders / Monitoring
Heavy Cleaning for Homes and Apartments
Errand Service / Shopping
Laundry and Linen Washin
You can contact us on phone number or send us
a message through form bellow